What has this to do with the flu with food? Nothing, say the most. In fact, however, a bit more than you think. Because in the intestine, about 70 percent of the human immune system cells. More specifically, in the mucous membrane of the digestive organ.
This so-called Mucus, in turn, needs care. The bacteria that live there, want to be nourished properly. Otherwise, they begin to eat holes in the intestinal mucosa. Or, as Eric Martens of the University of Michigan puts it: “If you don’t feed them, they eat you.” This was the lesson learned from his science team, from their studies on intestinal microbes, dietary fiber and the intestinal mucosa.
therefore, eating in the long term wrong, you make yourself more susceptible to infections. In addition, chronic inflammation of the intestine can occur, the risk for colon cancer and cirrhosis of the liver increases.
That is: In the ideal case, the correct food increases good bacteria and reduces the bad.
“Because bacteria in the gut to talk with the Immune and nervous system,” says Thomas Frieling, head of the clinic for Internal medicine and neuro-gastroenterology at the Helios clinic in Krefeld. This structure will be influenced by the food. A healthy diet strengthens the skin of the intestinal mucosa.
Frieling recommends a short overview:
- Mediterranean diet, predominantly vegetarian
- fiber-rich foods
- – up twice a week, meat is safely.
- sweets and carbohydrates to avoid or in moderation. “One to three times per week, a Croissant or piece of chocolate, the body compensates with an otherwise healthy diet,” says the bowel expert.
That means in concrete terms for the food on our plates:
This food destroy the gut mucosa
- Simple sugars from white flour and refined sugar : most of The people love pretzels, chocolate, or gummy bears. The Problem is that the bacteria do. And just the, the splitting of the simple sugar, multiply with these Treats very quickly. “The displaced, in turn, the specialists for the more complex sugar,” explains Andreas Schwiertz, head of research and development, molecular biology at the Institute of micro-ecology.
- Avoid a lot of Salted, Smoked, and highly processed meats : These foods have landed on the list of carcinogenic substances and, therefore, as a General rule, to eat no more than 500 grams of red meat per week. Nevertheless, the Neuro-gastroenterologist Frieling dampens the “present hysteria”: “A smoked sausage is a piece of quality of life, but they should not eat of one-sided. Once per week, you will have no harmful effect.“ If the intestinal mucosa is irritated, you will notice you get a tummy ache, bloating or cramps.
- Bad fats Be cautious with Margarine, Mayonnaise and Lard, because they can be a burden on the intestines.
All You Need is The Online-supermarket (display) you can protect food conveniently order online
These foods the intestinal mucosa
dietary fiber are skin of the best friends of an intact intestinal mucosa. There are a variety of water-insoluble fibers, which do not digest the bacteria. You swipe but the quasi-thoroughly.
Then there are the other, the water ballast substances, the splitting bacteria in the colon soluble. So fatty acids which feed the good roommate.
bananas: bananas contain a lot of Inulin. This high-fiber, Andreas Schwiertz, particularly favorable to the growth of anti-inflammatory bacteria in the gut.
fish: fish scores with many unsaturated fatty acids. These strengthen the mucus production, cell growth, and that the protective function is strengthened.
fruit pulp : Here it comes to the source materials: the bacteria of the intestine of the source materials down to short-chain fatty acids. These in turn feed the mucosa. Source materials can be found for example in the grated Apple and carrot mash.
potatoes: , Especially the butyric acid is an important intestinal protectors. As a short-chain fatty acid, it provides the intestinal cells, specifically the epithelial cells, of energy. These stimulate the growth of the intestinal mucosa.
For a bowel healthy food that is: Opt for boiled potatoes. During the cooling duck thickness, which is reduced to butyric acid is formed the resist.
Sauerkraut: “are Crucial directly to the food we eat, but what the bacteria produce in our intestines,” explains Andreas Schwiertz. “If the fermentation processes are to be promoted, keeping the intestinal mucosa healthy.” Everything is fermented, suppressed pathogenic bacteria and protects the skin of the intestinal mucosa.
brown bread: provides you with important fiber and valuable carbohydrates.
also many legumes, such as peas, beans, lentils and chickpeas to your diet, recommended by Thomas Frieling, vegetables such as spinach , Savoy cabbage , carrots . They also contain a lot of fiber for a healthy intestinal mucosa.
So you can come to 30 grams of fiber per day
Who wants to do his bacteria and thus the immune system is something Good, should every day at least 30 grams of fiber to eat. That may not sound like not so much is possible with our current diet but often.
So here are a couple of very specific proposals of the German nutrition society (DGE) for a “gut-healthy” meal plan:
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread (150 grams): 12.2 grams fiber
- 2 to 3 potatoes (250 grams): 3.0 grams fiber
- 1 Serving of broccoli (150 grams): 4.5 grams of dietary fiber
- 1 Serving of red pepper (150 grams): 5.4 grams fiber
- 1 Apple (125 grams): 2.5 grams fiber
- 1 Serving of berries (125 grams): 2.5 grams of fibre (source: DGExpert)
This is the menu that a total dietary fiber intake of 30.1 grams.
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread (150 grams): 12.2 grams fiber
- whole-grain pasta (125 grams), cooked with 6.4 grams of fiber
- carrots (150 grams), cooked and 4.7 grams of fiber
- 2 tomatoes (160 gram), raw: 2 grams fiber
- 1 Orange (150 grams): 3.3 grams of fiber
- 1 Serving of walnuts (40 grams): 1.8 grams of fibre (source: DGExpert)
This menu gives a total of a dietary fiber intake of 30.4 grams.
in Order to strengthen your immune system in addition, the experts recommend not only a balanced diet, but also “a lot of movement in the fresh air” (Thomas Frieling). Equally important, Andreas Schwiertz “to eat dinner with the family, because the sense of community promotes the immune system”.
In the FOCUS Online/Wochit Who picks up noodles and rice for too long, risking his health, These contributions are of interest to our users today:
- “With Carolin, it has become even funnier to home,” singer Max Mutzke wins prize for joy of life and the heart of Carolin Kebekus?
- expert advice – Linguistic Manipulation: ARD wants to GEZ opponents with “Framing” to influence
gut health, intestinal bacteria, dietary fiber immune system