Significantly less contributions from the coalition partner SPD got. The publications of the Bundestag administration, with Stand 28. December.
The parties represented in the Bundestag received in the past year, a total of around 2.1 million euros to large donations – 2017, there were still approximately 6.6 million Euro. In a year with a Federal election, however, is traditionally donated significantly more than in other years.
Political parties are financed in Germany mainly by member contributions, money from the state and donations. Single donations in excess of € 50,000 must report parties the President of the Bundestag immediately of the need to publish the information “timely”. Grants that exceed in the year 10,000 Euro, must be recorded with the name and address of the donor and the total sum in the accountability report. It shall be forwarded to the President of the Bundestag.
party donations in the Overview
- The CDU 2018 got around 850,000 euros – to almost 2.9 million euros in the previous year. The highest single donation with 260,000 euros transferred in July, the former head of the pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals group Merck, Hans-Joachim Langmann. Of him, the CDU had already received in 2017, the highest donation. The CDU got in addition, money from the BMW major shareholders Stefan Quandt and Susanne Klatten, and the Association of metal and electrical industry of North Rhine-Westphalia. From the auto group Daimler, it gave 100,000 euros, by the chemical company Evonik 80,000 euros.
- The same sum, Daimler and Evonik transferred to the SPD . Overall, the social Democrats received 280.000 Euro 2017, there were still 350,000 euros.
- The CSU as in the previous year, a big chunk of the Bavarian metal and electrical industry – the Association of 625.000 euros got. The donation was received, according to the Bundestag administration shortly before Christmas.
- The FDP received in the entire year, large donations in the amount of about 276,000 Euro. Including the Association of the Bavarian metal and electrical industry as well as the R+W industriebeteiligungen GmbH was according to the list – and the Federal Chairman in person: Christian Lindner transferred at the end of August exactly 50.249,17 euros to his party. In 2017, the FDP was still on the large donations of around 2 million euros.
- The Green in 2018, received a large donation of approximately 149.000 Euro, including the Association of the Bavarian metal and electrical industry.
- The German Communist party (DKP) received from a major donor approximately 352,000 euros, the Marxist-Leninist party of Germany (MLPD) to 80,000 Euro.
- also A special case of 2018, the southern Schleswig cal voters Association , representing the interests of the Danish minority in Schleswig-Holstein. The four “traditional benefits” of the state of Denmark amounted to a total of around 477.000 euros.
- The Left and my AfD went up shortly after Christmas will be empty. dpa-graphics
criticism of lobby control
The German authorities are investigating after payments from Switzerland because of the initial suspicion of a violation of the party law against the AfD group’s boss, Alice ryegrass. The AfD had confirmed that in the past year, around 130,000 euros were transferred from a Swiss pharmaceutical company to the AfD-kreisverband the lake of Constance, the district Association Weidels. The money was paid back, according to the this spring. Donations of Non-EU citizens to the German parties in this order of magnitude, to the law according to party illegally.
The Association lobby control criticized in General, the Figures available to the large donations are only a “small part” of the actual donations to the parties. The lion’s share would only be in the coming year, if the accounts of political parties are published: “donors use the opportunity of the denomination, in order to circumvent the timely publication of their donations, although these are significantly above the 50,000 limit.”
non-Transparent stay a more extensive source of funds, such as Annette Sawatzki of Lobbycontrol in Cologne, the German press Agency said. This is to be a party to the sponsorship, in the organization and business associations paid by the parties of money, to the lobby interests to advertise. The occasion for such party to-day.
Roth appalled by AfD in the Bundestag, Schäuble and the FOCUS Online/Wochit AfD radicalized the Bundestag? Schäuble has a different opinion than Roth and Kubicki cvh/dpa